Standard security operations (SecOps) become even more complicated in the cloud. Ensuring strong cloud computing security is key to protecting your organization from serious cyber threats. You can’t rely on taking a reactive approach to combatting breaches as they occur; you must stay proactive and prevent them from occurring in the first place.
Next-gen managed detection and response (MDR) offers an effective solution for cloud computing security. It provides broad threat detection and comprehensive response for all types of architectures (including the cloud). Combined with artificial intelligence (AI), MDR deflects cloud computing security challenges by filling detection gaps and unifying security inputs. This allows SecOps to automate response for simpler threats so teams can focus on the more severe ones.
Exploring Threats in Cloud Computing Security
The cloud is appealing to organizations for a variety of reasons, including its flexibility and economic benefits. Unfortunately, the flexibility that makes cloud infrastructures so appealing is what makes it so vulnerable. Organizations that use cloud or hybrid architectures are faced with a variety of cloud computing security challenges like:
- Complications caused by the shared security model
- Expanding attack surface areas
- Back doors created by APIs and cloud integrations
- Rapid software changes and high-volume feature releases
- Immaturity of IaaS and SaaS security features
- Access control issues
- Gaps created by hybrid and multi-cloud architectures
- Advanced persistent threats (APTs) and insider threats
Cloud computing security must deal with all the same threats as on-premises infrastructures but with additional consideration for unique cloud scenarios.
Why Use Next-Gen Managed Detection and Response for Cloud Computing Security?
Next-gen managed detection and response (MDR) solutions have been specifically developed with cloud computing security risks in mind. They integrate deeply into the entire technology stack to fill gaps and support proactive cybersecurity practices with:
- Automation and AI The security operations center (SOC) is normally handling tons of outputs from a variety of security systems. Even though this data is important, it quickly piles up – even with an analytics system in place – and overwhelms your SecOps team. Next-gen MDR automates the handling of this security data using your existing security products to reduce the SecOps workload.
- Continuous Security Posture Management (CSPM): Threats are constant, so your security practices must match. Next-gen MDR solutions continuously check cloud assets and configurations to ensure compliance with your security policies.
- Full Response: Next-gen MDR orchestrates a complete threat response from containment to eviction. Tasks are automated or manually handled based on the customer agreement.
Next-gen managed detection and response solutions help prevent data leakage, fraud, and insider attacks.
Ensure Cloud Computing Security
The only way to proactively prevent cyberattacks in the cloud is by implementing managed detection and response services. Paladion’s offering is powered by a patented platform, AIsaac, to provide SOC monitoring, threat anticipation, and threat hunting. Taking this broad approach to security ensures nothing falls through the gaps.
AIsaac processes 25 billion security events per day.
AI-driven next-gen MDR from Paladion includes the deep detection and full response capabilities required for cloud computing security. It augments the SecOps team so they can focus on complex tasks while eliminating tedious work with automation. Combining these capabilities makes it possible to implement the proactive cybersecurity approach required in the cloud.